Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chugga-Chugga-Chugga Shooooo Shoooo!

As, I hope, my title indicates progress is slowly moving forward on Batch of Brownies. I finished two sets of the large blocks in the past week and have one more to go. I hoped to get through the last set today, but just didn't get to it. Here is a photo for proof that work continues:


In the upper right you can catch a glimpse of my green binding, and a wrong-side out view of the backing.

On a separate note I ordered a walking foot and a darning foot for my Bernette (I need to think of a better name for my sewing machine) and they arrived this week! I tested them out Saturday. The walking foot went okay - I'm having some bobbin tension issues (I think) and those continue. I need to take my machine in to be serviced, I haven't done so since I bought it off of ebay. After some trial and error I got the darning foot working correctly, too - though I definitely need HEAPS of practice with it before I use it on a quilt. I think tracing out the pattern before hand would help. Here is a picture of my first ever quilting attempt (I preface that with "first ever" because it is quite bad):


Happy Sewing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment