Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cutting Brownies

I continue plugging away at my blocks. I finished up one tonight. Here it is so you can see the fourth fabric combo:


This let's you see the part of the construction that gives the quilt its name - Batch of Brownies. You make horizontal and vertical cuts through your blocks - like cutting a pan of brownies - to create the offset checkerboard pattern. 

I hope to finish this set of blocks tomorrow night. Once the vertical strips are cut the sewing goes much faster. 

On a different note, I thought I'd share a shot of my work space with you. Several years back when I was sewing I would cut and sew in my dining room. It had better natural light than my "new space," was warmer, and a little more connected to the household, but, BUT, the "new space" is SO much bigger! Plus, there's not natural light available to me right now anyway since it gets dark before 5 pm. Bonus, I can get the "new space" cleaned up in about five minutes if anyone actually wants to play pool. My ironing table is set up just to the right of this shot. It is so very nice to be able to move from cutting table to sewing machine to iron without having to go to a different room.


No comments:

Post a Comment